Mom is asking me to update, and since she's given me a lot in life (including life), I am happy to oblige. What to write...what to write...
Justin and I just celebrated our first anniversary. We ate at Marchelle's Bistro in Prattville, ate some thawed wedding cake, and watched our wedding video from beginning to end. The video greetings are our favorite part. Laura and Rose did a hilarious voice-over with Dave and Miss Liz as the vocal talents, and Steven and Beau quoted "The Lord Bless You and Keep You"...and then started singing the seven-fold amen. I guess our favorite part should be when we actually got married. That was cool too, I guess. In all seriousness, I am just as happy with my wedding today as I was a year ago, and even happier with my marriage. Our first year of marriage has been full of laughter and adventure. And yes, I consider moving to Alabama an adventure. It's been a great year.
What else...what else...
Got a new iPod ("Lil' Green II"). May or may not still be listening to Celine Dion. Definitely am listening to the cast of Glee sing Queen's "Somebody to Love" over and over again. Incredible. (Not advocating the show, just the music...)
Got to see my Caroline, who can proudly point at and say who Justin and I are, and can also say cutish things like "I'm stuck!" and "I don't know." Precious.
Went with Janna and Brett to hear Gary Henry speak in Montgomery. He really has a gift for putting concepts into simple, practical, and thought-provoking words. Always a treat to hear him. And spend quality time with Janna and Brett.
Attended an engagement party for Alicia and Bobby in Birmingham. Saw some high school girlfriends, talked about things that old married women talk about, laughed at how old we're becoming, and enjoyed every minute. I am really excited for Alicia and Bobby. I love celebrating weddings for deserving, great people, which Alicia and Bobby are.
Now awaiting Justin's return from his first Alabama game as an Alabama citizen. Despite the truth-bending of my last post, Justin is still an Alabama fan and I'm sure he had a great time watching Alabama beat Tennessee (barely...).
That's all I've got for now. We're looking forward to getting some new couches, Halloween festivities, a trip to Dothan for Caroline's second birthday, and a visit from our dear friend, Meghan.
Come see us (and soon)! :)
4 comments:
I can't believe I got a blog shout out! I miss ya'll and can't wait to see you!
What a nice read! Maybe I should create a blog...but I think blogging is truly for the young....
It was such a surprise to see that you'd updated! :) Glad you're doing good! Love you!
I'm a fan! Also, I think Will was the other voice-over assistant, not Dave. FYI. So good to chat the other morning. Love and miss.
Post a Comment