Well, currently, I am sitting in the Coliseum Public Library. How I wish that were in Rome and not in Montgomery, AL, surrounded by a surly bunch of library go-ers! But, thus is life. Justin and I are finally somewhat settling into our new sweet home Alabama after weeks of busyness and travel. Here are some updates to what we've been doing. In the past month:
*Justin and I traveled to St. Louis, MO, for a Fourth of July trip we had planned all summer. Kitschy Tudor-inspired hotel, the City Museum, the zoo, the Hill, and fireworks under the arch. Fantastic!
{hubby + coffee + the best tiramasu I've ever eaten= a little piece of Heaven; eating at Zia's on "The Hill"}
*Off to Tennessee to see my cousin Stephen get married. Stephen and I are six months apart, so he's always been very dear to me. I was happy to see him marry such a sweet (and beautiful!) girl, Meagan.
{The Maxsons}
*Said a bittersweet goodbye to BG, and moved in with the folks in B'ham.

{Some BG friends we are already missing!}
*Headed off to camp for a week of non-stop singing, heart-to-heart talks, pathetically losing society sports, making new Facebook friends, and getting absolutely no sleep. I loved it. Like I always do.

{My sweet Cabin 6 girls}
*House hunted, house hunted, house hunted. No results.
*Job hunted, no results. Decided I might like to be a toll-booth worker. I would get to say things like, "You be careful out there!" or "Love that perfect change, Herb!" Those are things I have said at State Farm, so obviously I'm not very imaginative. But, I think I would be a great toll-booth worker.
*Hung out with the "young people" at Prattmont. (I hate that term, but I love them!)
*Moved into a farm apartment in Wetumpka. Got stung by a wasp. But, we are now a little closer to Prattville, which we have decided to make our home. And, the farm has chickens, home-grown tomatoes, fresh iced tea, and a really sweet Christian couple watching out for us.
*House hunted, house hunted, house hunted. No results.
*Jet-setted to Virginia for a half-week of busyness of the wedding kind. Daniel and Randi Cassel got hitched without a hitch, and a good time was had by all. Got to see some dear friends and surrogate family, and got to say goodbye to Ran before she moves to Turkey. Already looking forward to seeing Hagia Sophia, the Ephesus library, and discovering Noah's ark in the hopefully not-too-distant future with the Cassels!

{The bride wore her grandmother's dress, and looked simply beautiful.}
*Drove back to B'ham to see my niece, who is now saying my name perfectly...if I bribe her with a cracker. She's so cute that I don't even care that I have to bribe her love!
*Headed to Memphis to see Miss Jennifer Lanning become Mrs. Adam Wooster! Mrs. Wooster looked like a princess! Had a wonderful time seeing some F.C. folks and catching up. Congrats, Jen and Adam!
{Classic bouquet toss picture.}
*House hunted, house hunted, house hunted. 2 results. Made an offer on one. YIKES! Now we are currently waiting a call...
Thanks to everyone for the calls, texts, cards, and emails checking on us and making us feel loved! We're settling in.
So how are you?
4 comments:
WHEW!!! you have been busy since you left. i'm crossing my fingers on the new house. i'd love to see pictures. we miss you in bible class. anna asked yesterday where you were. blair told her you moved to arizona. don't know where she came up with that but at least she got the A part right...hahaha!
take care. good luck.
you made an offer? on the one we saw pics of? let us know! love you!
(caroline now says "kacker"---i think she's thinking of all the bribery!)
I just now saw that you updated! You have been NON stop since you left! How do you not have pictures of this interesting farm apartment that you speak of?
I just "lol"ed at the tollbooth paragraph! Did my dad drive through your tollbooth recently? Too bad you couldn't have been on the show House Hunters. My favorite (6 pm. weekdays) New episodes on hulu. I'd like to see pictures of the house too. Loved our talk at ran's wedding. when should we go to turkey? love you and miss you (written from my new home in colorado).
Post a Comment