Thursday, July 2, 2009

Keep it light enough to travel...

Well, it appears the next chapter of our life has opened...and Montgomery, Alabama, is the setting. We're moving in TWO WEEKS! Justin is taking a job with the ADEM as an "Environmental Scientist" (not too shabby to say, huh?). He's going to be analyzing and implementing Alabama's recycling program. I guess that means we're going to have to start recycling...other than turning in cans to "Hector the Can Collector" at school. Sad, I will miss that. I will miss a lot of things about Bowling Green- especially our beloved church family at Lost River church of Christ and my beloved school family at Cumberland Trace. So many wonderful memories here. But, as sad as I am to leave, I am equally as excited to begin a new life with my husband on our own. So, in the spirit of supporting Justin and our new life, here is a list of things I will not miss about Bowling Green:

*traffic on Scottsville Rd
*broken air conditioning and no dishwasher
*Justin working ALL THE TIME
*hacksaw wielding kids in our neighborhood
*shocking lack of good Italian food
*Flora Templeton Stuart

That's all I can think of right now, but those are pretty good. My list of things I will really miss is much, much longer, but I am not even going to attempt that...Please keep us in your prayers as we make our move, find a home, and begin our new chapter. Justin begins on the 16th, so we'll be...somewhere...in Alabama before then. Keep in touch, dear Bowling Green!

9 comments:

ee86 said...

I can't believe you just mentioned Flora Templeton Stuart! Aaahhhh I had forgotten all about her until now! Congratulations on finally getting away from her. And good luck on the move!

ee86 said...

This is Emily Ebelhar, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Great list, I had totally forgotten about those terrible Flora Templeton Stuart ads on TV and It gave me a good laugh so thanks for that.

~Dbob

Jenn said...

Yay for your blogspot! :) I need to keep mine updated.
I'm so excited for you guys, but of course you both will be greatly missed! Maybe someday we'll get to be closer to you again.

Lauren said...

So excited for you and Justin. I know your parents are probaby thrilled too. Keep this blog going so we can keep up with each other. You all sure will be missed at the River. So glad I've gotten to teach with you.

Anonymous said...

I love that Flora made your list!
Heather, Silas, my friend Jeni and I will be coming to BG to visit July 17th-22nd... you should probably postpone your new life for a couple of days. :)

Johnson Photography said...

Karen, I am so excited for you and Justin! I told you that God had plans in store for you it just takes awhile to see what that plan will be. You both will be so blessed in Alabama, I can see it now....a home, a job, a baby :) and most of all, you will be close to your mom and dad too! Everything is falling into place as I knew it would. I was going to call you but I know how crazy things are for you right now, so when things slow down, keep me updated. I sure miss ya! Chrissy

Rose said...

well well well...so you up and moved, eh? hope you're having fun in your new environs!

moodyfamily said...

So glad you're in Alabama! We are going to LOVE seeing you and Justin more often. You are always welcome at our house.

Love you!
Steph